'Please Don't. Stop. I'm Scared': A Victim's Last Words As Two Teenage Girls Beat Her To Death

An undated photo shows Angela Wrightson, who was killed in 2014. (Family handout/Cleveland Police/AFP)

Down a sketchy street in northeast England, Angela Wrightson was known as “Alco Ange” — a 39-year-old alcoholic with a bad liver and a small, frail body decorated in homemade tattoos.

By most accounts, she fancied strong cider but, perhaps, craved human contact more — buying friendship from teenagers who wanted her for cigarettes and booze. She invited them into her home on Stephen Street, with its boarded-up houses, lager-stained sidewalks and grimy green dumpster that marked the end of the road in Hartlepool, according to BBC News.

Weeks before Christmas in 2014, Wrightson had a fight with her landlord.

The BBC reported that the man had refused to fund her alcohol addiction. She got upset and hurled her keys at him. He kept them and walked out.

But when he went to return them to her the next morning, the landlord found Wrightson dead — battered, bleeding and nude from the waist down.

Her killers, authorities said, were two of Wrightson’s young friends.

The 15-year-old girls, who cannot be publicly named due to their age, were convicted in Wrightson’s murder earlier this week after authorities said the pair beat her to death with items they found around her house: a shovel, a wooden stick filled with screws, a TV set.

The BBC reported that a mirror was smashed over the woman’s face.

During an hours-long torture session, authorities said, the girls goofed around on social media — posting pictures to Snapchat — and left for a “time out” before they returned to finish the job, according to the Guardian.

Police said in a statement that Wrightson sustained a “significant number of injuries” that resulted from some 25 blows to her face and body.

On Thursday, at Leeds Crown Court in England, the girls were given life sentences with minimum 15-year terms.

“Children, such as you, were attracted by her generosity and took advantage of her,” Henry Globe, the judge, told the girls in court, according to the Guardian. “You would go to her home. She would agree to buy you alcohol and cigarettes. She would let you drink and smoke in her home.

“On occasions, when it was obvious that she was being pestered, neighbors did what they could to scatter those who were congregating at her home. Nobody, though, expected her to come to any harm, still less to be attacked in the manner you killed her.”

In December 2014, the two girls were 13- and 14-year-old “partners in crime,” the younger teen wrote in a note that was read in court, according to the BBC.

The two had known each other since childhood — both had families, but both were in the government’s care, surrounded by a small army of social workers, foster parents and special-education instructors, the BBC reported.

“It was an attack that was carried out by the two of you as a pair; this made it a cowardly attack,” Globe, the judge, told them, according to the Guardian. “It was an attack carried out in Angie’s own home. She kindly invited you in; she kindly went out to buy you what you wanted; she kindly let you stay.

“You then abused her hospitality and attacked her again and again, in the very place where a person is supposed to feel safe. It was an attack that included gratuitous degradation.”

After the beating, the girls called police for a ride.

The chilling 911 audio is filled with laughter and profanities as the girls ask officers to fetch them from the freezing cold and take them home.

When the friends went to see Wrightson on Dec. 8, 2014, both girls, authorities said, had been drinking alcohol and wanted her to buy them more.

At one point, Wrightson was seen on surveillance footage at a local shop buying cider. But the girls eventually turned on her, according to reports.

Over the next few hours, the girls posted selfies showing themselves smiling and drinking. In one of the photos, Wrightson was seen in the background, battered.

The Guardian reported that one girl made a call from Facebook, during which one of the friends was heard saying: “Smash her head in. Bray her. F—— kill her.”

After the girls’ conviction this week, Cleveland (England) Police Detective Chief Superintendent Peter McPhillips said in a statement that the motive remained unclear.

“Many questions remain unanswered about the motive for the murder,” he said, “but the family of Angela who have had to endure the most shocking and traumatic details unfolding over the last few weeks will get some satisfaction from knowing that her killers have now been convicted of the killing.”

Source;The Washington Post
News Today 4256345524088310447

Post a Comment


Home item


Popular Posts

Contact Us


Email *

Message *